Financial accountability, or the lack thereof, has been in the headlines for the last several years. The need for financial accountability is a paramount responsibility.
As a CPA Firm built on Christian principles, we help organizations achieve financial accountability and strive to work as an extension of the challenge issued in Colossians 3:23-24:
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”
As a result, we find that the services we provide are a type of ministry in addition to just providing accounting services.
Our firm was started in Charlotte in January of 1986, and has provided accounting services to the church community since that time. More than thirty-five years experience in the accounting profession, including over thirty years working with the nonprofit organization sector, has given us the expertise to provide the following services:
~ Annual or semiannual audits ~ Review and analysis of a church’s accounting system
~ Monthly or quarterly accounting ~ Consultation regarding financial planning
~ Assistance to the church and its pastors concerning tax matters, including tax return
preparation and representation before the Internal Revenue Service.
CHURCH AUDITS: WHAT ARE THEY AND WHY DOES MY CHURCH NEED ONE?
- An Audit is a service that provides an independent opinion by a Certified Public Accountant who offers reasonable assurance about whether the Financial Statements of an entity are presented fairly, in all material respects.
- Audits include examining, on a test basis, evidence supporting the amounts and disclosures in the financial statements. It also includes assessing the accounting principles used and significant estimates made by management as well as evaluating the overall financial statement presentation.
- Procedures, internal controls and operations are evaluated and suggestions for improvements will be made.
- Provided to ensure entity integrity and accountability as well as to meet certain lending and grant requirements.
WEEKLY, MONTHLY AND QUARTERLY ACCOUNTING SERVICES OFFERED:
- To ensure privacy, integrity and independence, our firm can process weekly contributions, write checks from approved purchase orders, maintain general ledger and disbursements journal, compile monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and/or reconcile bank accounts.
- Compiled financial statements provided from monthly or quarterly accounting services will provide the information needed for our firm or your staff to complete all necessary tax reports.
TAX RETURN PREPARATION FOR INDIVIDUALS, SMALL BUSINESS AND NONPROFIT
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss further how we might be of service to you. If we can be of assistance to you or your church, please call us at 704-845-1195.
John A. Franklin, President Matthew A. Franklin, Vice President
Certified Public Accountant Certified Public Accountant